Wednesday 11 January 2012

Frenchy bag

The frenchie bag is one of my favourite patterns. I have made lots of these bags and it was the first pattern I used when teaching my daughter to sew she's made a few of these for presents for friends. It's an Amy Butler pattern and has a large and small version of the bag. I have made two of the larger ones but I prefer the smaller one. The larger one does require the magnetic snap for closure but I don't bother when making the smaller one as it is a hand-held bag so quite secure.




One thing I always do when making this bag is separate the large pockets so that I have a phone pocket and a purse pocket, as I said before, I don't see the point of a huge pocket. For some versions of the bag I've only done one pocket (and divided it into three) rather than a pocket on each side.



This bag is really quick to whip up with very little time so great for a forgotten present for an adult or a little girl depending on the fabric in your stash. Again for this bag I've used leftovers - I love the white and yellow fabric and cannot wait to wear the skirt I made out of it (all it needs is a button hole and some nice weather!).

No comments:

Post a Comment