Saturday 14 January 2012

Pleated clutch

I thought it might be fun to start a blog so that I could keep a track on my bits and pieces, mainly sewing, knitting and cooking. I love sewing and mainly sew bags, I went to a dressmaking class a few years ago but I've never really got the fitting issue sorted out, this is something I do need to work on. Bags are my favourite thing to make, everyone loves a bag (well every girl does) and there is no need to worry about fit. I've made a few bags and have some photos of them so my first few posts will be about bags I've already made then I will go on to my current project which is the Amy Butler Blossom Bag.

The pleated clutch was the first bag I made from Amy Butler's style stitches book. It is the pleated clutch.










This bag is lovely, I made the smallest size with some leftover fabric in my stash. The black is linen and the print is just a random fabric I purchased from Leon's Fabric in Chorlton to make a skirt. I had quite a bit left but this took up the last of the scraps with a Frenchie bag which I'll post later. The lining is some satin from Abakhans in Manchester. I love a satin lining.

I wasn't sure about the handle at first as it seems a bit daft, however, I made the bag to use at my friend's wedding and it was handy to hook over my wrist when carrying drinks, taking photos etc so I think I'd keep the handle the next time I make one.

The only amendments I made were to divide the pocket inside as I don't really see the point of a huge pocket. Apart from that the bag is as per the pattern. I did pin the pleats after pressing as I was worried about them falling out overnight, it took up a lot of pins but was worth it I think.




I love the end result of this bag. Everyone commented on the bag at the wedding saying how lovely it was, the pleats give it a really special look. I will be making more of these as it was a fairly easy bag to make and quick to whip up if I can't find the right bag to go with my outfit for a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment