Tuesday 17 April 2012

TWD - Lemon Loaf Cake

This week's Tuesdays With Dorie is Lemon Loaf Cake. For the first time I made the whole recipe! Cake is always a hit in our house and I love a loaf cake, plain and simple and great to wrap in foil and take to work or school and to have with a cup of coffee.

This was such a simple cake to make. A very basic mix the only lemon flavouring was rind, not juice was used.

Then added the flour and melted butter
and put in a loaf tin. You can see I'm lazy and use the pre-pepared liners. They are so handy to have in the cupboard and save having to grease and deal with cakes getting stuck.
Here is the finished product, it's a terrible picture I know but I meant to take more when I realised it was all gone! We loved it, great on it's own but when it was a couple of days old I had it toasted with butter - delicious. I will most definitley be making this one again.

10 comments:

  1. We loved it too! It sure was a simple recipe with a great tasty outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added juice and glaze to give the loaf more of a lemon kick, but I really liked how easy this was. You gotta love a recipe that only needs a whisk and a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked it! yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen loaf pan liners before. I really hate fussing with parchment paper in loaf pans, so I'll have to be on the lookout for these liners.

    We enjoyed this loaf, too, especially toasted and with a dollop of lemon curd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet it was lovely with lemon curd. Do try the liners, they are great.

      Delete
  5. I think it looks great! I need to get some of those liners, will have to purchase online though as I doubt I'd find them here in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, I get mine from Lakeland here in the UK they may post to you, I know they do sell online.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen that type of pan liner before - kind of like a big cupcake liner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the more I ate of this cake the more I liked it. I think it will be made again too, next time with a glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would have been very good toasted with butter!

    ReplyDelete